It’s always a treat to visit Asheville, NC. Each season gives us something to enjoy and this spring was no exception. Colorful blooms, crisp mountain air, delicious food and beautiful art ~ a feast for the senses, a retreat if you will. Each time we visit we discover a new treasure off the beaten path. One of my favorite places to visit in Asheville is the North Carolina Arboretum. A picturesque spot ~ it has lovely gardens, walking paths, hiking trails, an art gallery and very relaxing rocking chairs. I brought my Olympus Pen-EP-2 my new favorite walking around camera and had a great time capturing the colors, shapes and light I encountered. Here are some of my favorite impressions from our journey to Asheville: (Scroll to the bottom for some fun Asheville travel tips! )
Weekend Journey Trip Tips :
- Check out Asheville Cottages for unique private luxurious accomodations a hop, skip & jump from Central Asheville – I highly recommend staying here!
- For a fun lunch place in Biltmore Village, check out Gianni Panini – specializing in Panini (of course!) espresso drinks and gelato. My favorite was the Portobello Mushroom/Arugula & Herbed goat Cheese panini with Almond flavored Iced Tea!
- For a downtown lunch, head over to Tupelo Honey Cafe. My favorite seat was at the bar so I could see the cooks work together as a team, as they put together some of the most delectable New South Cusine dishes ever.
- For a very special dinner check out this gem: The Admiral and that’s all I’ll divulge. According to one friend, it’s the best food she’s eaten in her whole life. need I say more?
- Favorite Art Galleries ~ Blue Spiral, American Folk Art & Framing, and the Haen Gallery sit in a neat row on Biltmore Avenue, making it easy to pop in and out of each gallery. Click here for a listing of downtown galleries